Monday, July 22, 2013

Body By Vi Challenge

I'm usually not into fad diets.  I usually stay away from anything I think is a gimmick.  I can't stay away from this, because I've seen it work.  One of my really close friends took a chance and tried the Body by Vi shakes and she has lost 55 pounds (once I talk to her, I will put a link to her blog)! She's done it very slowly and safely!  I found myself becoming more and more amazed by her and her progress and decided that I want it for myself!

I have done quite a bit of research about whether or not this system of losing weight is OK for people who have diabetes.  So far, so good.  I'll be able to control my carbs, and losing weight will make me need less medicine to control my blood sugar.

Last year we had our first consultation with a Reproductive Endocrinologist, I was filled with so much hope, but still received bad news that I wouldn't be able to pursue treatments until my blood sugars are in a normal healthy range.  I am very excited at the prospect of getting to see our RE by the end of the year.  If I can lose 30# in my 90 day challenge, I will see my PCP and get a referral to see our RE again!

At my heaviest I was 292#.  I'm currently between 255-260# (I'll have a more accurate number on my start date).  I will have had 90 days of beautiful blood sugar control and will be pretty excited to find out what my HA1C is!  At our appointment, the RE said he would like me to get my HA1C as close to a 7 as possible.  Challenge Accepted!

Challenge start date 8/1/2013
Challenge End Date 11/1/2013 (3 days before my 29th Birthday, holy moly)

I'm ready to get started on this challenge!  Here's to hoping Body by Vi gives me a Baby by Vi!!

XOXO
Sugar Mama

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the challenge!!!!! Your going to rock the socks off this challenge and I KNOW this works and I KNOW your body will be baby ready by the time your done! Cheers to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete